How can I create ebooks and use them to drive traffic to my website? I've heard about other people doing this but I don't know how to get started. Can you give me some pointers?
Submitted by Ron B.
Ebooks are a great vehicle for driving targeted traffic to your website! I've written several ebooks about search engine optimization and traffic-building techniques that I give away as freebies or as a thank you when webmasters give me a link from their websites.
Here's how to get started:
- Write a few related articles about a subject that you know a bit about. The possibilities for ebook topics are virtually unlimited!
- Compile the articles into an easy to read ebook using a good quality ebook complier. You can get one of the very best packages available anywhere right here, for free!
- Arrange your articles in book form. Be sure to display the URL to your website on every page and in the 'Resources" and/or "About" boxes. This way people will read your ebook and click the links to your site.
- Make your ebook look professional and use articles that are informative and entertaining.
- After you have completed your ebook and created the download file, offer it as a free download on your website and in your newsletter. Be sure to provide complete resale/giveaway rights as long as the ebook is distributed unchanged.
Before you know it, you'll have dozens (or more) people distributing your ebook for you for free! And remember, everyone who reads your ebook will see your link and they just might click though and buy from you.
- Submit your ebook for inclusion in the many ebook directories on the web. To find them, just do a Google search on ebook directory or simply ebooks.
- Upload the ebook to your web server and create a download link for it. People will download your ebook, read it, send a copy to a friend, sell it, or give it away. All of this means targeted website traffic for you. Your only investment will be a little time!
Back to "SEO Questions and Answers" archive
Check out free 21 part online guide to SEO:
Webmaster SEO Toolkit and our SEO and webmaster articles.