One of the questions we're asked most often is "Do I really need a website?". The short answer is yes!
Whether you run a typical mom-and-pop
operation or employ hundreds of people, your business can definitely benefit by having a website. Here are a few reasons why:
- A website serves as an online brochure. Even if you don't plan to sell your products or services online, a website will get your name out there. This branding will have potential customers looking for you instead of your competition when they're in the market for the things you provide.
- Selling on the web makes for high profits due to low overhead. Before you make the first penny in profits from sales in your brick-and-mortar store, you have to pay rent, utilities, salaries, and more. With an online store you pay a few bucks a month for web hosting and that's about it.
- A website makes add-on sales easy. When someone makes a purchase from your store, you can toss a coupon in the bag offering a discount on items ordered from your website.
- A professional website gives your business the appearance of success and authority and an edge over the competition. If your potential customers see a website address in your ads, they'll be impressed.
- Your website will work for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. It's like having a salesman that never takes time off, calls in sick, or goes on vacation!
A website can do wonders for your bottom line. With high-quality web hosting available for less than $10 per month and talented college students in your area who will design your site for gas money, why not give it a try.
Once you realize the benefits of operating a website, you just might end up closing your brick-and mortar business and operating online exclusively!
More Interesting Articles