Getting ready to sell your home
For most people, their homes are the most expensive investments they'll ever make so getting the most house for their money is a top priority. That's why as a seller you need to make sure your property is ready to sell.
If you're planning to sell your home, here are a few things that you can do before you place it on the market that will help it sell faster and for a higher price:
These are just a few of the things that you can do to make it easier to sell your home quickly and at the highest price. I'm sure you can think of others. Just remember to compare the cost of any expensive repairs or additions to the potential for increased profits!
- Make any necessary minor repairs. Is the sidewalk cracked? Does the kitchen faucet leak? Making these types of quick, easy, and inexpensive repairs are essential if you want to sell your home for the asking price.
- Make sure the house has a decent coat of paint. The paint doesn't have to be new, but if it's dingy or peeling, expect to end up getting a lot less when you sell.
- Make upgrades or add-on to the structure only if you believe doing so will increase the selling price by considerably more than the cost. It makes little sense adding-on a $2000 deck unless you can recoup that expense and make a decent profit at selling time.
- If you plan to sell your house with two or more bedrooms but just one bathroom, adding another bathroom can be a great investment. These days few people will even consider paying a decent price for a home with a single bathroom.
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned and wash the windows.
- Clean out the closets and basement to make them appear larger.
- Spruce up the yard:
- If there is any junk laying around, get rid of it.
- If you have a fence around your lawn that needs painting, paint it.
- Re-seed any bare spots in the grass.
- Neatly trim the hedges and shrubbery.
- Plant some inexpensive flowers to add some color and character to the property.
More Interesting Articles