A simple, yet very useful craft item to make for yourself or as a gift, the
"Coffee Mug Pin Cushion" is very inexpensive to make.
If you sew or quilt you know how frustrating it is not to be able to get a straight pin or a safety pin easily. The "Coffee Mug Pin Cushion" allows for easy access to your straight pins or your safety pins.
You will need these supplies:
Steps for assembling the Coffee Mug Pin Cushion:
- an old coffee mug (the wider the opening
- plastic bag
- old material
- needle and thread
- a piece of yarn (optional)
- glue gun
We have made two coffee mug cushions one for straight pins and one for safety pins.
- Stuff the bottom of the coffee mug with a plastic bag
- Cut a circle from old material, approx three times the size of your coffee mug opening
- Using other old material, bunched up, arrange in your pre-cut material circle, position in cup
- Once you are satisfied with the size, use a needle and thread and stitch the circle to your other material (this holds the material in place)
- Using a glue gun, dab some glue on the plastic bag and around the inside of the coffee mug
- Positioned the sewn up material in the top of the coffee mug, you may have to reposition the material to get a good fit
- For decoration we used a piece of heavy yarn around the top of the mug, again we used our glue gun to tack the yarn on
About the Author:
Catherine Pulsifer is one of the authors of A Simple Life:
A journey to a simple life, and, a frugal lifestyle.
More Interesting Articles