Yes, you really can save a lot of time and money by ordering your next inkjet cartridge online. There are many reputable online printer ink merchants today, and they sell
quality ink cartridges at huge savings. But before you place an order, there are at least ten very important things you should know about ordering online.
As the old saying goes, “An ounce of education is worth a pound of cure.” When you order online correctly, you’ll reap huge savings in both time and money. If you order from the wrong online company, your headache could turn into a migraine.
So here we go... 10 things you should know about ordering your inkjet cartridges online:
Now that you have reviewed a few pointers about purchasing printer ink cartridges online, it's time to get started. If you follow these guidelines, the chances are very high that you will experience the best service, warranty and products available for your printer... and you will save money in the process.
- Company Information - Before you order online, find out how long the company has been in business. At a minimum, you want a company that has been around at least 2-3 years. In addition, you should have three ways to contact the company:
- There should be a street address. A physical address is much better than a P.O. Box.
- The company should have a toll free number so you can contact customer service for any questions about your order.
- At a minimum, you should have an email address for contacting sales and support about your specific needs.
- Website Information - All reputable online merchants go to great efforts to help educate you on exactly what products are available, how you can order them and how you can resolve any problems that may occur with an order. At a minimum, the following five informational items should help you:
- Glossary of terms – The website should provide a list of terminology that is commonly used on the site. These words should be listed and defined so that it is very clear to you what they mean.
- FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions will save you a lot of time. These are the most commonly asked questions and answers that the company receives. They can help you have a clear understanding of what to expect from the company.
- Refunds – The Company should clearly state their refund policy. It should explain under what conditions you may receive a refund, exactly what you must do to get a refund and for what period of time a refund is available.
- Exchanges – The Company should have an exchange policy. It should clarify what you must do to exchange your order, what the company will do and when it will be done. For example, if your account is to be credited, when and how will that take place?
- Order cancellation policy – If you change your mind and want to cancel your order, you should know how and when this can be done. For example, most companies will allow you to cancel your order before it has been shipped. Once the ink cartridges have been shipped, you’ll need to ask for a refund.
- Easy Product Selection - Finding the exact product you need for your printer should be quick and easy. The online merchant should allow you to search for your ink cartridge by name or number.
It should only take a minute or two to locate and verify that the ink cartridge you have on the screen is the ink cartridge that meets your printer’s specifications.
- Discount Prices - One of the major reasons for purchasing your inkjet cartridges online is to save money. Depending upon your specific printer, you can expect to save up to 85% when you order your inkjet cartridges online.
If you have a printer that is not extremely popular, your savings will be less. However, you will still save money by purchasing your inkjet cartridges online.
- Money Back Guarantee - Every company that is worth doing business with will have a simple, no nonsense money back guarantee. That means if you’re not satisfied for any reason with your ink cartridge, you should get a full refund on your purchase price.
In some cases, online merchants will give you a better than 100% money back guarantee… for example a 110% guarantee. Any company worth doing business with will stand solidly behind their inkjet printer cartridges.
- Shipping Information - Before you place your order, you should know exactly how much it will cost to ship your printer ink cartridges. Many companies offer free shipping. Others offer free shipping with a minimum amount order. For example, if you purchase $30 or more, they pay shipping.
You need to know when your inkjet cartridges will be shipped. Most companies ship the same day, unless they receive the order very late in the day. In that case, do they ship the next morning or afternoon?
Finally, you need to know how your printer ink cartridges will be shipped. For example, is it U.S. Postal, UPS or FedEx? Knowing how your ink cartridges are shipped lets you know what to expect.
- Secure Server - A reputable online merchant will use a secure server for all payments. This insures that all your personal information is protected when you pay with any major credit card.
In reality, a secure server is safer and more dependable than paying by mail. Many times you’ll see a frequently asked question about site security. This should let you know if a secure server is being used.
- Order Tracking - Many, but not all, online merchants offer a method for you to track your order. Although not essential, it is very convenient. It lets you know exactly where you ink cartridges are and when you can expect them.
- Referral from a Friend - Last but not least. If you have a friend who has purchased printer ink cartridges online, ask them about their experience. It's no different than purchasing an ink cartridge from a local retail store. Ask them about the price, customer service, shipping and overall satisfaction.
About the Author:
Larry Andrew is an educational consultant, author and publisher of www.ez-printer-ink.com. Purchasing printer ink, toner and inkjet cartridges on line should be fast, convenient and cost-effective.
More Interesting Articles