Iím just guessing, but hereís what your experience with back pain has probably been like:
You probably visited your family doctor first, or perhaps a chiropractor. The visit
probably only lasted 15 minutes or soÖ they poked around and confirmed that you do have back pain and gave you a prescription for the pain.
Now before we proceed, let me ask you this: how in the heck is a prescription drug going to fix a physical problem like back pain?
Doctor visits, chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, pain relievers, anti-inflammatories, new mattress, rub on creams, and the list goes onÖ
Iím sure youíve tried several or maybe even many on that list yet youíre back still hurtsÖ. Why arenít any of the experts helping or treatments working?
The answer is simpleÖ
Itís all in the approachÖ most, if not all, of the treatments people receive for back pain are flawed from the
beginning. Iím not going to cover each of them in detail in this article, but if you
want to learn more about traditional treatments for back pain and why they donít work, I
recommend that you read my article
You and I already know that those treatments just donít work, so I want to give you some information that you can use to take control of your own health and well being and find ďtheĒ treatment that will finally get rid of your back pain once and for all.
Experience has shown that trying to convince somebody of something they are unfamiliar with is
nearly impossible, so instead of me telling you what to do, I want to give you the tools for you to do it yourself.
First, you need to understand that pain is your bodyís way of telling you something is
wrong, so donít simply ignore it! And in order to fix it or get rid of it, you
have to first find out whatís causing it!
Next, be open-minded. If you hope to find a solution you must be willing to
learn, and please donít be afraid to look for and/or ask for help.
There are thousands of sources of useful information available on upper back pain, lower back pain and back pain in general, but if you donít know how to sort through all that information it
won't do you any good.
Finally, take action now! Youíre going to do it, and with my help! You don't have to live with lower back pain, upper back pain, sciatic pain, or any
type of back pain for that matter. Yes, you can feel great again!
You have two options:
I donít know about you, but itís a no-brainer for me!
- Leave the problem up to your doctor or chiropractor and hope it gets taken care of.
- You can take control of your back care yourself and make sure that it gets taken care of!
But, I know you may be feeling like thereís NO solution and maybe youíve even resigned yourself to the fact that youíll have back pain for the rest of your lifeÖ I hope thatís not the case because you do have the power and ability to eliminate it.
If you choose option one, leaving your back health in the hands of someone other than yourself, at least educate yourself enough to know what questions you need to be asking.
The next time you go to the doctor or chiropractor, bring a pen and paper along with the list of questions below:
I could go on and on with questions like these that you should ask your doctor, but we both know that you wonítÖ because you donít want to piss off the doctor and then worry that youíll get bad care next time.
- What is the cause of the pain? (Not the symptom, but the actual cause)
- Is it muscular or structural? (involving the bones of the spine)
- If itís muscular have the doctor, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc name exactly which muscles and other muscles that may be involved.
- Do I need an X-ray, CT-scan or MRI?
- Did I have a predisposition for the injury based on my life style and daily postures?
- Do I have muscle imbalances that created this condition over time?
- Will I have muscle imbalances still after your treatment?
- Will it heel 100%?
- Are there specific exercises or stretches to do for my condition?
- Which muscles should I stretch and which muscles should I strengthen?
- Will I do more harm than good if I donít do the right activities?
- Will the physical therapist you are sending me to have the time to spend one on one with me to effectively work with me?
- Will Ultra Sound and Electrical Stimulation correct my muscle imbalances?
So did I just waist my time and yours by listing them out. Heck no, these are great questions to use when trying to find a treatment approach that will work for you.
We already know what doesnít work and why, letís talk now about what does work. In order for any back care program or approach to be successful, it must include the following criteria:
So how can you find a back care program that not only meets all these criteria, but is proven to work far better than traditional treatments?
- Identify the root cause of the problem
- Treat both the symptom and the cause
- Focus on the body as a whole and not zoom in on only the problem area
- Physical problems can only be treated and corrected with a physical approach
- Address muscle imbalances with targeted strength, flexibility, and muscle work
- Be easy to understand, implement, and progress
- Help you maintain a healthy back and prevent future occurrences
Just do a little research. You can use the internet to find all sorts of information and resources on back pain, but remember, it must meet the criteria we outlined above our itís guaranteed to fail!
Donít give up, the answer to your back back pain is out there. If you take the time to look youíll find it
- maybe right under your nose!
About the authors:
Article courtesy of Jesse Cannone and Steve Hefferon. Find out exactly whatís causing your
nagging back pain and how to stop it with the ďLose the Back PainĒ Video. Be sure to
visit them and take advantage of all the free resources and information on back pain at
More Interesting Articles