Will your garden tools be ready for service when you need them? Rust and neglect can damage your garden tools and prevent them working properly.
Here are a few tips for keeping your garden tools in good shape:
- Make sure you thoroughly clean your equipment after each and every use.
- Store your garden tools in a dry place and keep them off the ground.
- Keep a dry towel in the place where you store your tools so you can dry them off before putting them away.
- Before storing your garden tools for the winter, apply some linseed oil to the wooden handles and WD40 to the metal parts.
- To prevent wooden handles from splintering, sand them when they get rough.
- Sharpen your shovels with a file when they become dull.
- Remove rust from your tools with a metal brush.
Article courtesy of ThriftyFun.com.
More Interesting Articles