For deep-down cleansing and a definite improvement in skin-tone, try an at-home facial. Just once a month, will make a noticeable difference to your complexion. Follow these steps to re-create the benefits of the beauty salon in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Smooth your skin with cleansing cream. Leave on for 1-2 minutes to give it time to dissolve grime, oils and stale makeups. Then gently smooth away with cottonwool.
- Dampen your skin with warm water. Then, gently massage with a blob of facial scrub, avoiding the delicate eye area. This will loosen dead surface skin cells, and leave your skin softer and smoother. It will also prepare your complexion for the beneficial treatments to come. Rinse away with warm water.
- Take steam for around 5 minutes, to allow the steam to warm and soften your skin. If you have any blackheads, you can try to gently remove them with tissue-covered fingers after this treatment. If you have sensitive skin, or are prone to broken veins, you should avoid this step.
- Smooth on a face mask. Choose a clay-based one if you have oily skin, or a moisturizing one if you have dry or normal skin. Leave on for 10 minutes, or for as long as specified by the instructions on the product.
- Rinse away the face mask with warm water. Finish off with a few splashes of cool water to close your pores and freshen your skin, then pat dry with a towel.
- Soak a cottonwool pad with a skin toner lotion, and smooth over oily areas, such as the nose, chin and forehead.
- Dot your skin with moisturizer and smooth in. Take the opportunity to massage your skin, as this encourages a brighter complexion and can help reduce puffiness.
- Smooth your under-eye areas with a soothing eye cream to reduce fine lines and wrinkles., and make the skin ultra-soft.
Get some ideas on homemade face masks - For every type of skin.
About the author:
Alicia Caldelas is a writer for Ultimate Cosmetics,
your guide to skin care, beauty & aromatherapy.
More Interesting Articles