In order to do well on any exam or test, you must of course have a thorough understanding of the information that you're being tested on. But you must also have an effective strategy for taking the exam itself. This allows you to show what you know in the most efficient and effective way possible.
This exam guide gives you the following five tips for doing your best on exams:
- Follow the directions - The exam directions are very important, so read them carefully. Ask your instructor to explain any directions that you do not understand. A high score on an exam is achieved only by following the directions.
In short, if you don't follow the directions, you won't be able to demonstrate what you know about the topic.
- Examine the test - Examine the entire test in order to see how much you have to do and what will be required in completing it, because, only by knowing it all you can break it down into parts more manageable for you.
- Budget your time - Once you have finished examining the test, you need to decide how much time you can spend on each item. If different parts of the exam are "worth" different points, plan to spend the most time on parts that count for the most points.
Properly planning your time is especially important for essay tests where you have to avoid spending too much time on one item and leaving too little time for the other test items.
- Do the easiest parts first - Remember to answer the items you find easiest first, because if you get stuck on a more difficult item that comes up early in the test, you may not have enough time to answer items you know.
- Review your answers - If you plan your time correctly, you will have time to review your answers and make sure they are as complete and accurate as possible. Also make sure you review the test directions again to be absolutely sure you have answered all the required items.
Using this exam guide will definitely help you do better on exams, regardless of the topics they cover, enabling you to get better grades.
About the Author:
Article courtesy of Michael Smoke. From networking to database administration to programming,
ExamGuru.net offers a wide variety of IT training guides to help you achieve your certification and career goals.
More Interesting Articles