Biltmore Estate is quite simply a marvel to behold. Sitting on
8,000 picturesque acres of Blue Ridge Mountain area scenery, the massive former
home of George Vanderbilt will take your breath away.
Built by Vanderbilt in 1895, the Biltmore House boasts 250 rooms, 65 fireplaces,
and indoor amenities such as a swimming pool and bowling alley. Several
bathrooms as well as the kitchen are served by indoor plumbing, a rarity indeed
in 19th century America. The entire home was wired for electricity as well!
The Biltmore House on Biltmore Estate, Asheville,
A walk through the rooms and hallways of Biltmore House is a walk through 19th
century history. Original artwork by many of the old masters adorn the walls
along with 15th century wall hangings. There is even a chess set and game table
that belonged to Napoleon Bonaparte himself!
Here are a few of the amazing things that you can experience at Biltmore Estate
in addition to the mansion:
You can also enjoy the luxurious accommodations provided by Biltmore Estate:
- The Winery - The estate's French winemaker oversees the production of fine
wines using grapes harvested from vineyards located on the property. You'll
witness the wine-making process and enjoy some tasty samples.
- The Gardens - Frederick Law Olmsted, still considered to be America's foremost landscape architect, designed the magnificent gardens that adorn Biltmore Estate.
You'll see the wonderful trees and exotic plants, many of which are original
from Olmsted's era.
- The Historic Horse Barn - See how estate workers lived, worked, and played in the 1890s. See
interesting and educational interpretive exhibits, antique equipment, and farmyard animals.
As you can see, there is much to see and do at Biltmore Estate. Pay them a visit
in beautiful Asheville, NC and take a luxurious step back in time!
- The Inn On Biltmore Estate - Enjoy the finest in modern amenities with gracious accommodations, fine dining, and southern hospitality in the unique Vanderbilt tradition.
- Fine dining is available at several venues, including the wonderful Deerpark
- Shopping - Biltmore Estate offers several shops and boutiques where you can
pick up gifts, artwork, videos, fine wines, and much, much more.
More Interesting Articles