Uranus is the seventh planet from the sun. It is one of the large gaseous planets and it has a thin series of rings.
Uranus is "tipped" on its side, possibly the result of a collision with some other heavenly body in the distant past.
Interesting facts about the planet Uranus:
- Average distance from
the sun: 1.87 billion miles
- Average distance from Earth: 1.6 billion miles
- Rank in size among the planets: 3rd
- Diameter at the equator: 31,763 miles
- Planet type: Gaseous
- Mass: 14.54 times the earth's mass
- Gravity: .919 times the earth's gravity
- Surface temperature: approximately -364° F
- Orbital velocity: 4.23 miles/sec
- Earth years required to orbit the sun: 84
- Tilt of axis: 97°55'
- Earth hours required to rotate on its axis: 17h 14m
- Escape velocity: 13.67 miles/sec
- Number of moons: 27+
- Does it have and atmosphere? yes
More information about the Solar System
Other Interesting Articles