Birds have a tendency to fly into windows,
injuring or killing
themselves as well as causing serious damage to the
They do this because they think the window is an open space
into or through. But you can prevent this from happening
with a simple
- Two plain cardboard tubes from
used toilet paper rolls,
or one tube from a used paper towel roll (cut it
in half). One sheet of reflective colored
paper. This paper is
usually sold at a paper goods or craft supply store.
This variety of paper appears to change colors and
shapes as you move it
around, similar to a hologram.
Here's how to proceed:
- Cover each tube with a strip of the reflective paper.
- At one end of each tube, punch two holes opposite each other.
- Place a string through the holes. For the 1st tube make the loop between the holes 2' long. For the 2nd tube make the loop 3' long.
- Using a nail or other type of hanger, hang the two tubes from a point above the center of the window.
Now, any bird flying toward the window from
will see the hologram move and the colors change. This will
cause the bird to turn away from the window. This is an
inexpensive and easy
way to prevent birds from flying into
More Interesting Articles