Are you planning to sell your car? If you are, there are several things you can do to increase your chances of getting your asking price for it.
Most people end up selling their cars for much less than they're actually worth simply because they go about it all wrong.
Here are a few simple tips that can help you get top dollar when you sell your car:
- Have the automobile detailed before placing it on the market. A spotless vehicle (inside and out) will always bring more than a dirty one.
Also, be sure to keep the wax job fresh. If the car gets dirty for any reason, wash and wax it again! Always make sure it's spotless whenever a potential buyer drops in.
- Make sure it runs well. You'll have a difficult time selling a car that runs poorly, let alone getting a good price for it. If it needs it, give it a partial tune-up.
And don't forget to change the oil! A savvy buyer will always pull the dipstick and look at the oil. If it's black they'll have a lower opinion of the car's value.
- Make sure the tires are inflated to the recommended tire pressure to give the car a well-kept appearance.
- Start the vehicle every day or two and let it run for 15-20 minutes. The battery will run down if you don't and it's virtually impossible to get a decent price for a car that has to be jump-started.
- When you get ready to sell your car, take good, clear photos of it from several different angles. Then choose the best one or two images for your ads. And write compelling ad copy that almost forces car buyers to call about your car instead of someone else's!
Remember, you have to depend on your ads and the associated pictures to be your "salesmen", so make sure you "hire" the best ones possible in order to sell your car for the highest price!
- Be patient. It might take weeks or even months to sell your car, but holding out for a buyer who is willing to pay the asking price can pay off handsomely.
More Interesting Articles