If you're like many others, you might often find yourself thinking "How
do I get a date"?
Most people find themselves thinking about this at some point in their lives.
Maybe they have just gone through a rough divorce and are a bit hesitant to get
back out there. Or maybe they have a self-image (or self-confidence) problem
that holds them back. Or perhaps they're just shy!
The main thing to keep in mind is that there really is someone out there for
everyone. And I do mean everyone.
If you're ready to take the plunge, here are a few tips that should help you get
a date in a hurry:
- Go to places where you're likely to encounter people that you might want
to date. It's impossible to get a date if you stay home and spend your time
wondering why you can't get a date!
- Smile. Everyone looks happier and appears as if they'll be more pleasant to
be around if they're smiling.
- When you see someone you're interested in, start talking! Talk about
anything - the latest news, what you do for a living, the weather... You get the
picture. You can't expect to get a date if you don't talk to anyone.
After you make some small talk you'll probably be able to determine what the
other person is interested in, then you can talk about that.
- Talk to everyone that interests you. Don't talk to one or two people
and give up. Like most things in life, getting a date is a numbers game. If you
ask enough people, sooner or later (probably sooner) you'll find someone who is
looking for someone too.
- Don't assume that a particular person is "above you" because of
their good looks or status. You never know what a person finds attractive and/or
One of the prettiest girls from my old high school days spent most
weekends without a date because all of the boys (including me) assumed that she wouldn't be
interested in them. All they had to do was ask!
- Don't be afraid of rejection. Yes, you heard me right... Don't be afraid to
fail, because you WILL fail, possibly more often than you succeed. But I'll let
you in on a little secret: so does everyone else.
- Ask for a date! The only way to get a date is to ask for one. Psychics
notwithstanding, people cannot read minds. If you don't ask for a date you'll never get
Yes, you can get a date. There really is someone out there for everyone.
But you won't find your mate by staying at home and being afraid to speak. Just
get out there and do it and you'll be richly rewarded!
More Interesting Articles