Fat reduction is the number one goal of many Americans today. Super-sized fast food meals and sedentary jobs have resulted in more of us being overweight than ever before, but most attempts at fat reduction end in failure.
But it is possible to take off the pounds by following a few simple rules:
Real, long-term fat reduction doesn't have to be an unattainable goal. You can get in shape, but doing so might require a significant lifestyle change.
- Eat less. Succeeding at any fat reduction plan depends more on how much you eat than on what you eat!
- Eat healthy. Cut back on empty calories and eat more raw vegetables and lean meat. Also, sugary soft drinks and frequent snacks can hinder an otherwise effective fat reduction plan.
- Exercise. Adding muscle mass and increasing your metabolic rate will do more to help you shed your extra weight than anything else you can do!
- Get out of the house. Stay busy. It's extremely difficult to trim down when we spend all of our free time on the couch watching TV.
- Find a friend who is very active and make it a point to "keep up" with him/her.
But once the pounds start coming off and your energy level begins to increase, you'll be glad you made the effort!
More Interesting Articles