Health insurance is a necessity for all Americans, young and old alike. Health care costs continue to rise much faster than the rate of inflation, and the problem is only expected to get worse in the future.
If you're on a tight budget, you might think you can't afford health insurance. The fact is, you can't afford not to have health insurance! The purpose of this article is to give you some tips for finding a health insurance plan that fits your needs and budget.
Good deals on health insurance are available if you take the time to shop around and compare plans. To save money, be selective. Make sure the health insurance plan you choose covers all the basics with few unnecessary bells and whistles.
- If you work for a company that offers a group health insurance plan, see your benefits officer and sign up for it. Groups rates are very inexpensive compared to individual policies.
If your employer doesn't offer health insurance, it would probably be worth your time to find another job with one that does!
- Compare the various options offered by your group health insurance provider. Depending on your circumstances, you might be able to get by with one of the less expensive plans. In particular, accepting a larger deductible often makes a big difference in the amount of the premiums.
- If a group health insurance policy isn't an option for you, shop around among several private insurance companies. Rates vary considerably among health insurance providers, especially for older customers and those with pre-existing conditions.
- If you currently have auto or property insurance, check to see if you can a great deal with those companies. Most providers will offer substantial discounts if you add a health insurance policy to your existing coverage with them.
- Shop for an affordable health insurance plan on the Internet. Just do a search for "health insurance" and you'll find plenty of plans to choose from.
- Ask your friends and acquaintances who they're insured with. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find affordable health insurance!
More Interesting Articles