A gazebo makes an attractive and useful addition to most any property, providing a place where you can sit and enjoy the beauty of your lawn and garden along with a refreshing cool breeze.
If you're thinking about building a gazebo but aren't sure where to put it, here are a few tips that might help:
Suggestions for enhancing the area surrounding your gazebo:
- If possible, build your gazebo where you will have a 360 degree view of the most scenic area(s) of your property. Your goal should be to have a great view no matter which direction you happen to be facing.
- Try to build your gazebo on a slightly raised area of your yard. I have seen some people even create a tiny "hill" for their gazebo by building up soil and rocks.
- Keep in mind that people passing by your home will be able to see your gazebo only if it is in view of the street. (This might be a good thing depending on your personal preferences.)
- A few well-selected flowers and shrubs planted around your gazebo will add a country charm and a delightful fragrance.
- If you like watching birds, place a birdhouse, birdfeeder, and/or birdbath close by.
- A nearby water feature can provide a source of relaxation and tranquility while you're enjoying your gazebo.
More Interesting Articles