Note: Since this article was written a federal law has been
passed which makes everyone in the U.S. entitled to receive
one free credit report per year. Simply visit
AnnualCreditReport.com and request yours!
Believe it or not, most Americans are eligible to receive a free credit report. Are you? Here are six circumstances that entitle you to receive a copy of your credit report at no cost whatsoever:
As you can see, virtually everyone in America qualifies for a free credit report! In today's credit oriented society, a good credit profile is essential to success.
- Do you live in Maryland, Colorado, Massachusetts, Vermont, or New Jersey? If you live in one of these states, by law you're entitled to one free credit report per year. If you live in Georgia you're entitled to two per year!
- Do you currently receive public assistance? If so, you're entitled to a free credit report right now.
- Have you been turned down for credit based upon negative information provided by a credit bureau? If you have, you're entitled to a free credit report from the bureau that issued the report to the lender.
- Are you unemployed and planning to seek employment within the next 60 days? You're entitled to a free credit report if you are!
- Do you believe that your credit profile has been tarnished due to someone else's fraud? If so, this makes you eligible to get a free credit report.
- Do you have internet access? Anyone can visit one of the "Free Credit Report" websites and get a credit report at no charge simply by signing up and providing a bit of personal information.
Get your free credit report and check it for inaccuracies and out-of-date entries. Your financial future just might depend on it!
Debt Consolidation Loans - Lower your monthly debt payments, and prevent filing personal bankruptcy.
More Interesting Article