If you live in a climate with cold winters, getting out of doors can be difficult, and staying inside for 6 to 9 months of every year can make it hard to maintain a positive outlook on life.
But a sunroom will let you bring the ambiance of the outdoors into your home while brightening up your life by allowing you to enjoy the warmth of the sun year round, even if you live in a cold area.
You'll be able to sit in your sunroom in your favorite easy chair and watch the birds and wildlife. Do you enjoy watching snow fall all around you? Well, with a sunroom, you can (and keep warm at the same time)!
Would you like to have an outdoor Jacuzzi, but can't because of the extreme weather? Simply put one in your sunroom and enjoy an outdoor setting in the comfort of the indoors.
Here are a few tips for adding a sunroom to your home:
- If possible, adding a sunroom on a side of your house that faces southwest will provide the longest period of sunshine throughout the day.
- Hire a contractor that can provide several good references (and follow up with the references!). A well-built sunroom should last for decades without leaking.
- If you want a Jacuzzi in your sunroom, plan for it before you build!
- Adding a sunroom to a side of the house that doesn't face the street will allow for extra privacy.
- For maximum wintertime enjoyment, plant small trees and evergreen shrubbery around your sunroom and attach birdfeeders, birdhouses, and/or squirrel feeders. You'll be able to sit in the comfort of your sunroom and watch the wildlife play just a few feet away from you!
More Interesting Articles